Sweet Almond Oil
Almond oil comes in two variations – sweet and bitter, with the sweet oil being more popular and safe. Sweet almond oil has an abundance of skin, hair and health benefits, making it a popular ingredient in several cosmetic products.
The sweet almond oil used in Shea Innocence body care products is a general purpose, light, cold-pressed, skin conditioning oil for all skin types, which helps prevent moisture loss from the skin. It is a gentle, delicate, nourishing and carrier oil and one of the safest choices in aromatherapy skin care. Due to its gentle nature, the oil is useful to use on babies, children and sensitive or irritated skin in general.
Research has proved the benefits of almond for internal health, but did you know that oil extracted from this amazing nut works great for the skin? A perfect natural moisturiser for most skin types, sweet almond oil hydrates the skin without leaving it looking greasy! Infused with the richness of vitamin E, almond oil is rich in oleic and linoleic acids. As it has a very little scent of its own, it blends perfectly with any essential oil that it is mixed with.
- More than a nutritious snack, the all-mighty almond makes a powerful antioxidant.
- Deeply moisturising
- Soothing any irritation or inflammation
- Relieving dry, itchy skin
- Last but least, a drop of almond oil works as a magic makeup remover, without leaving a heavy oily residue on your face.
Sweet Almond Oil: Hair Benefits
While almond oil benefits for skin in more ways than one, it is an equally effective moisturiser for hair, thanks to its rich concentration of vitamins, proteins and omega fatty acids. This is where sweet almond oil makes all the difference between strong, shiny locks and dull, damaged hair.
- Rich in in vitamins A (for maintaining healthy cell membranes), B (shown to promote hair growth) and E (rich in antioxidants that promote blood and circulation to the scalp).
- Sweet almond oil prevents hair breakage and split ends while keeping your locks strong and healthy. Its natural moisture-sealing properties replenish and nourish hair by holding moisture in locks for longer periods of time.
- As a natural sealant, almond extract provides nourishment to the scalp, preventing dryness and dandruff and stimulating hair growth.
- A rich source of magnesium, sweet almond oil moisturises the scalp, strengthens hair root and improves hair quality to prevent hair fall and breakage.
- Rich in proteins and vitamin E, almond oil is a blessing for dull, dry and frizzy hair, lending your locks shine and volume that you have always yearned for.